Re: Scalability with large numbers of tables

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: Scalability with large numbers of tables
Дата
Re: Scalability with large numbers of tables  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I'm not an expert.

Turn off tab completion? It's probably scanning through all the possible
table names and the algorithm used is probably not designed for that
number. And with 42000 tables, tab completion may not be that helpful.

Don't use ext2/ext3? There are other filesystems on Linux which perform
decently with thousands of files in a directory. AFAIK ext2 and ext3 don't
allow you to have single large files anyway - also not sure if postgresql
BLOBs will hit those filesystem limits or postgresql splits BLOBs or hits
its own limits first - I'd just store multi-GB stuff out of the DB.