Re: Linux supports hot-swappable hardware? [was Re:

От Ernest E Vogelsinger
Тема Re: Linux supports hot-swappable hardware? [was Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 18:12 18.06.2003, scott.marlowe said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------
>is worth it.  Having lost a RAID5 set to a hw controller that simply had
>the cable to two drives come loose but refused to accept them back into
>the RAID5 after that without formatting them first, I'm no longer as wild
>about hw raid controllers as I once was.
--------------------[snip]--------------------

Say - you didn't test it before going production?
;-))

Never mind - I was that ignorant myself. However my current RAID V's are
tested above the specs - installed RH7.2, removed 2 (sic!) disks, and
remounted. The controller complained (of course) but still offered to try
to remount - bingo, worked.

I feel somehow safe now.

--
   >O     Ernest E. Vogelsinger