returning recordsets/cursors in plpgsql 7.2.1

От Knut P. Lehre
Тема returning recordsets/cursors in plpgsql 7.2.1
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
In 7.2.1 (I'm using the PeerDirect beta4 native windows version of pgsql)
documentation, section 23.7 (plpgsql, cursors) it is mentioned that "A more
interesting possibility is that a function can return a reference to a
cursor that it has set up, allowing the caller to read the rows. This
provides one way of returning a rowset from a function". However, I have
not been able to find any examples of how to do this. An example would be
greatly appreciated. (I have understood that 7.3 can return setof records.
However, until 7.4 I will be using 7.2.1 to avoid cygwin)

Similarly, I would appreaciate seeing an example of how to use the TOAST
method to store large objects, if reliable in version 7.2.1.

Thanks, KP

Сообщение: Re: Indexed access for INET/ CIDR datatype
Сообщение: Re: Indexed access for INET/ CIDR datatype