Trying to get query to work.

От Brian Kosick
Тема Trying to get query to work.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello All,       I apologize if I'm posting to the wrong place, if I should be
posting somewhere else, I would appreciate it if someone would let me know,
and accept my advance apologies.  I have a table that looks like this:

id   |   model     |    make     |    color    |    count
1    |  Toyota    |   Corolla   |   Blue      |     3
2    |  Toyota    |   Corolla   |   Red       |     2
3    |   Dodge    |  Avenger  |  Black     |    1
4    |  Dodge     |  Avenger  |  Red        |   5
6    |  Chrysler   |  Sebring   |  Beige     |     8

I need to create a SQL statement that will give me results that look like this:
 model   |      make     |    color    |   count  |   total   |   percentage
------------------------------------------------------------ Toyota  |  Corolla     |    Blue      |    3      |    5
   |    60% Toyota  |  Corolla     |    Red      |     2      |    5       |   40% Dodge   | Avenger    |    Black    |
  1      |     6      |   17% Dodge  |  Avenger    |    Red       |    5      |    6      |    83% Chrysler | Sebring
 |    Beige    |    8      |     8      |    100%

This is the closest that I've come so far:
SELECT model, make, color, SUM(count) AS total, ((count/SUM(count))*100) AS
percentage FROM autos GROUP BY model, make, color, count;

However this produces a table that looks like this: model   |      make     |    color    |   count  |   total   |
percentage
   |    100% Toyota  |  Corolla     |    Red      |     2      |    2       |   100% Dodge   | Avenger    |    Black
|   1      |     1      |   100% Dodge  |  Avenger    |    Red       |    5      |    5      |    100% Chrysler |
Sebring    |    Beige    |    8      |     8      |    100%

Brian Kosick
Web Programmer
New Age Consulting Service, Inc.
216-619-2000