Re: Question about restricting the number of rows

От Mo Holkar
Тема Re: Question about restricting the number of rows
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
At 20:03 20/02/02, Steve wrote:

>Hi,
>
>If I am running a query I know could return 1000's of rows;
>is there a PG way to say to just return the first, say, 50 rows?

Like this:

SELECT * FROM table LIMIT 50;

If you wanted rows 51-100 you'd use

SELECT * FROM table LIMIT 50 OFFSET 50;

and in general LIMIT n OFFSET m will return rows from m+1 to m+n inclusive.

Bear in mind though that for 'the first 50' to be meaningful you'll likely
have to be using an ORDER BY clause.

best,

Mo

Mo Holkar
Digital Mind Games -- log on to take over
mo.holkar@digitalmindgames.com
http://www.digitalmindgames.com

Сообщение: Re: Question about restricting the number of rows returned from a
Сообщение: Re: Question about restricting the number of rows