Re: PL/java?

От Adam Manock
Тема Re: PL/java?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
After having seen this Perl / Java debate go back and forth...
I can't help myself...

<RANT>
The answer is Python !!!
For the best middleware you're ever likely to integrate with Postgresql :
http://www.zope.org

To see its "enterprise scalability":
http://www.zope.org/About

To see it taking LOTS of hits:
http://ns1.zope.org:82/

To see it NOT using much memory at all:
http://ns1.zope.org:82/cgi-bin/zope-track.pl
(this one loads kinda slow, maybe cause it's done in Perl?)
</RANT>

The real point here is that programmers are religious about their choice of
language,
and highly resistant to changing, which is why Postgres supports so many
languages!

I happen to prefer python, but that's just me. http://www.python.org if
you're curious

Adam