Re: PostgreSQL idocs

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: PostgreSQL idocs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
There's also google ;).

Example search:
site:postgresql.org  "interactive documentation" tuning wal -optimizer

It's convenient that the phrase "interactive documentation" is on every
idoc page ;). Leave that phrase out if you want to search the whole site.

You can also read the docs using google's cache - e.g. if idocs goes down
or you want to save postgresql.org's bandwidth and don't mind slightly
older docs.

<grin type=mischievous >
It's a great search engine and very fast, etc...
;)
</grin>

Yah I know, shouldn't take google for granted, it's good for a site to have
it's own search engine. Unfortunately, I've found that Google's search
works better than most sites own search engines. Either 0 documents found,
or 11523 documents found with useless marketing/PR junk topmost.

Still most crawlers don't help for private sites with access controls -
e.g. search results different depending on your access (can't have secret
docs turning in everyone's searches :) ).

Cheerio,
Link.