Sorting. Re: Re : Solaris Performance - Profiling (Solved)

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Sorting. Re: Re : Solaris Performance - Profiling (Solved)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Just curious - why is solaris qsort that way? Any good reasons? I saw a
very old post by a solaris guy, but it didn't seem very convincing.

By the way are there faster sorts which Postgresql can use for its sorting
other than quick sort? e.g. BSD 4.4 radixsort (which DJB seems to keep
going on about :)).

Would it make a significant improvement in performance?

Cheerio,
Link.

p.s. We have postgresql on solaris too ;).