Solaris, Postgresql and Problems

От Errol Neal
Тема Solaris, Postgresql and Problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

I have posted this before, but have not yet got any resolutions on it. I am
hoping someone with experience can help me out.
I am running Postgresql 7.3.2 on Solaris 5.9. I am trying to increase the
number of max connections for postgresql but it but
I am having some issue. After reading through some docs and getting some
tips from folks on the list, I modified the /etc/system
file on my host system and entered the following data:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0x2000000
  set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
  set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=256
  set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=256

  set semsys:seminfo_semmap=256
  set semsys:seminfo_semmni=512
  set semsys:seminfo_semmns=512
  set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=32

After making this change,  and increasing the max number of buffers to 128
and the max number of connections to 64, I rebooted my system. Things come
up fine, Postgres seems happy, but shortly after the Postgres server dies
or terminates with nothing in logs as to WHY it terminates and it keeps
doing so even after I revert back to my original config. The only things
that remedies the problem of the server dying without any apparent notice
is if I revert back to my original /etc/system file.. Does anybody have any
experience with these issues? All I am trying to do is get a few more
connections out of my system. I could sure use someone's help. Do I need to
re-compile postgresql?

TIA,

Errol Neal

Errol Neal, Systems/Network Administrator
eneal@enhtech.com
Enhanced Technologies Inc.
http://www.enhtech.com
703-924-0301 or 800-368-3249