Re: pg_dump future problem.

От Philip Warner
Тема Re: pg_dump future problem.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 10:10 AM 4/05/2003 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>And the is_called flag fits into this where?

My recollection is that is_called is used to cover the boundary case where
the 'current' value should not be incremented before being returned, but my
memory is hazy. If this is the case, can we not just set it to true and set
the value to (next - 1) unless (next - 1) < minv, in which case we set it
to minv and set is_called to false?

Note that for the purpose of serial values we do not need to set the
sequence exactly as it was internally, we just need to make sure that the
next allocated value will be what we expect.

Fax: (+61) 03 5330 3172          |                 ___________ |
Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|                                 |    --________--
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/