Re: pg_dump future problem.

От Philip Warner
Тема Re: pg_dump future problem.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 01:49 PM 4/05/2003 +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>No, 7.3 release dumps tables like this.

Good point. I had not even noticed, but I had noticed something odd in the
last few dumps.

My preference for a solution to this problem would be to remove even more
implementation knowledge from pg_dump, and add a command like:
    alter table really_long_name set next a = <next sequence value>;

Assuming this kind of approach is acceptable, I'm even volunteering to do
it since it seems small and hits a few areas I have not had a chance to
break yet. Unless of course someone else is already in the relevant areas.

It has the advantage of bypassing the problem and, if we ever redesign
sequences, there is no impact on pg_dump.

Fax: (+61) 03 5330 3172          |                 ___________ |
Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|                                 |    --________--
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/