Re: null: was is the default returned value?

От Toby
Тема Re: null: was is the default returned value?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
 >What value does the jdbc driver return from the various getXXX()
functions when the DB return value is null

i think this is undefined. what you need to do is first call your getXXX()
call and then follow up with a wasNull() call.

 >But for String s = r.getStr("col") I get a value that prints out as "null"

if you tried doing the following, i think you'd see the same thing happening

    String s;

    System.out.println("s=" + s);

the printing of null isn't to do with the database, its to do with the
default behaviour of the String class, even though you have a null instance.

От: Antonie C Malan
Сообщение: Trouble connecting
От: "Michael Paesold"
Сообщение: Re: new String(byte[]) performance