Re: PostgreSQL JDBC - Number of connections

От Toby
Тема Re: PostgreSQL JDBC - Number of connections
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
>BTW, you will probably find that you need to do some surgery on kernel
>settings as well, if you really want to handle more than a thousand
>concurrent backends ...

quite. forgive me if i'm wrong, but the backend spawns a new thread for
each connection, so if you want 1000+ simultaneous connections then you're
looking at 1000+ threads. unless you have many processors on your machine,
you will lose much performance through your machine busy context switching
between threads, rather than doing useful work.