initdb: problems with creating database storage

От Rafal Kedziorski
Тема initdb: problems with creating database storage
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Hallo,

I'm using cygwin version 2.125.2.10 with PostgreSQL 7.2.

I try create database storage with:
rafcio@RAFCIO ~
$ mkdir /cygdrive/g/postgresql/data

rafcio@RAFCIO ~
$ chown rafcio /cygdrive/g/postgresql/data

rafcio@RAFCIO ~
$ initdb -D /cygdrive/g/postgresql/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "rafcio".

Fixing permissions on existing directory /cygdrive/g/postgresql/data... ok
creating directory /cygdrive/g/postgresql/data/base... ok
creating directory /cygdrive/g/postgresql/data/global... ok
creating directory /cygdrive/g/postgresql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /cygdrive/g/postgresql/data/pg_clog... ok

The PostgreSQL process take whole CPU and stay at following line:

creating template1 database in /cygdrive/g/postgresql/data/base/1...

I try thic procedure 3-4 timer. After 10-20 minutes I kill the process by
the Windows task manager.

initdb failed.

This process take allways about 2540 KBytes memory.

Best Regards,
Rafal