Re: Postmaster with -i

От Chris
Тема Re: Postmaster with -i
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

>How to run Postmaster with the -i option to allow remote connections?

If you're running v7.2, in the $PGDATA/postgresql.conf file (usually either
/usr/local/pgsql/data or /var/lib/pgsql/data), there's a line with:

tcpip_socket = false

change the false to true, restart postgresql and away you go :)

If you have an older version, you'll have to edit the startup script, and
change it to something like:

pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -p /usr/bin/postmaster start -o "-i"

(I think that's right, I use the first way so I'm guessing a little bit).

HTH,

Chris.