Graphical ER Editor / Graphical Query Editor : First stages?

От Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd
Тема Graphical ER Editor / Graphical Query Editor : First stages?
Дата
Re: Graphical ER Editor / Graphical Query Editor : First stages?
Список pgadmin-hackers
Mark & Others,

Tim again. My thinking about the graphical facilities under discussion here
to do with pgAdmin could start with making an ActiveX control that displays
a table graphic, a la the Access graphical editor.

The control would potentially take something like a reference to a table
from pgSchema?? (I've not looked at pgSchema in any detail yet) and render
the table's fields in a box, showing which are PK, which have constraints,
indexes, foreign keys etc. using mixture of colour, bold, italic etc.

This control can then be used in numerous other places, like in a QBE
editor, a Relational Schema screen and no doubt other places (like the
create table dialogue boxes, as a table is being created...?)

This work would also give a clear goal post of completion - once its
written its usable, and if any of us have to drop out of the race we leave
behind something of worth.

Tim.