Re: Strange Error

От Peter V. Cooper
Тема Re: Strange Error
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Sounds suspiciously like a problem one of my associates is having.
Did you try moving the client closer to the server ie WAN->LAN->LOCAL.
I was unable to debug the WAN or LAN as my first install will have
the JDBC Client on the same machine and that seems to stay alive
forever. We were having lost connections overnight on a servlet container
(Tomcat) across seperate machines. I have not yet narrowed my problem
down because the site is being installed with one computer with both
postgres and tomcat on the same machine. I will get back to this later.
One suggestion which seemed reasonable if these two are on different
machines which it looks like is the network layers closing the connection
due to a Firewall (seemingly not) or a VPN with timeout logic. The VPN
which connected to Oracle at another site I installed would cause the
JDBC driver to drop it's static connection and the servlet container would
need to be restarted. This was even after the timeout was supposedly
fixed by the ISP network guys. Again, sounds suspiciously like a JDBC
client having the connection closed.

BTW, the isClosed method in JDBC only tells you if you have closed the
connection. Not what one would logically conclude from the docs. Read
the specs about this one.