Re: New to Postgresql - Backend timeout /JDBC

От Peter V. Cooper
Тема Re: New to Postgresql - Backend timeout /JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
This is definitely not a problem with the server Tom Lane has told me
and I have verified the with my sources. It seems to be in the JDBC driver.

It only seems to happen when the JDBC client and the postgresql server
are on seperate machines and possibly on different networks.
I have further talked with the site where it happens and researched
the isClosed() JDBC call. The isClosed() call according to my sources
is only required to tell you if you have closed the connection not
if the connection has been closed by a timeout. The isClosed() call
in Oracle is non-functional about timeouts across a wan. I should have
read the JDBC spec and not just the documentation. I will not make that
same mistake again when it comes to JDBC.

I have verified that the connections stay active when the JDBC client and
the postgresql server are on the same machine.  If your connections are
across a LAN and not the same machine then that would be helpful as I
will only have to research a problem with a wan and that might not be a problem
at all for my configuration. I will start my research with two machines on
the same LAN unless you can tell me that your configuration is across a LAN.

TIA for any info.