Re: Select .. Having vs computer fields

От Javier Dussaillant
Тема Re: Select .. Having vs computer fields
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 12:54 PM 12/12/2001 -0500, Francisco Reyes wrote:
>Can use use computed fields on the "having" part of select?
>I have tried:
>select a,b, count(*) as dups_count from some_table having dups_count > 1;
>
>and it gives me the error "Attribute 'dups_count' not found"

You have to GROUP BY in order to use HAVING. For example:

SELECT a,b, count(*) as dups_count FROM some_table GROUP BY a,b HAVING
dups_count > 1;

You should GROUP your rows by all the columns that are not count() or other
aggregate function (like max(), min(), sum(), etc).

>subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
>message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

                 Javier Dussaillant G.
                 ashkar@vrweb.cl
                 Departamento de Desarrollo VRWEB ltda.
                 http://www.vrweb.cl