Patches for 7.1 on QNX4

От Tegge, Bernd
Тема Patches for 7.1 on QNX4
Дата
Re: Patches for 7.1 on QNX4  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: Patches for 7.1 on QNX4  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-ports
Sorry I didn't have this ready in time for the 7.1 release, but I was rather
busy in march, and during that time the QNX partition on my home system got
trashed ...

I still had one non reproducible segfault when I interrupted a
'make installcheck' and I had to remove the shared memory file
'/dev/shmem/SysV_Sem_Info' once before initdb would work, so there
may be still some problem with the semaphore implementation.

After several requests I have put up a binary for download at
http://pweb.uunet.de/tegge.h/postgres.qnx4bin.7.1.tgz

Short installation instructions:
- install as root with
   # cd / ; etc/install -u postgres.qnx4bin.7.1.tgz
- create a user and group postgres
- chown the files in /usr/local/psql to user/group postgres.
   # chown postgres:postgres /usr/local/psql
   # chown -R postgres:postgres /usr/local/psql
- add /usr/local/pgsql/bin to your path
- su to user postgres, run /usr/local/pgsql/initdb
- run 'postmaster -i >/usr/local/pgsql/postmaster.log &'

Postgres on qnx4 should now be operational.

--
Bernd Tegge                  mailto:tegge@repas-aeg.de
Tel: ++49-511-87449-12       repas AEG Automation GmbH

Вложения