Re: Re: Call for platforms

От Mark Knox
Тема Re: Re: Call for platforms
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 11:06 PM 3/28/01 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>Mark Knox <segfault@hardline.org> writes:
>> I don't think this solution would be valid on many other platforms.
>
>Au contraire --- the ARM is the first platform I've heard of that does
>not think sizeof(ItemPointerData) is 6.  Else we'd have seen this
>regress test fail before.

I meant I don't think *my* solution (ie packing the struct) would be valid anywhere else. It seems to be an
arm-specificproblem so maybe it needs an arm-specific patch? I've had to do this type of thing many times to get
packagesworking properly in arm linux. It's a quirky platform.

>> Well, this patch seems to produce attlens of 6 as desired, but it
>> causes many (13) of the regression tests to fail. Do you want to see
>> the regression.diffs?
>
>Please.

See attached.

Вложения