Re: pgAdminII 1.1.66-Dev crash

От Paul Jongsma
Тема Re: pgAdminII 1.1.66-Dev crash
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dave, thanks for your time sofar;

>Well, I've loaded your database & can view every table with no problems on
>my system. I am running the latest ODBC driver though (07.01.0009) - can you
>try it from http://odbc.postgresql.org please.

My system was running the 07.01.0008 version but upgrading to
the newer version does not make any difference.

>Also, do you have another client PC you can try, just to try to eliminate
>anything server end - if not, you could try a dump/reload which might remove
>any invalid characters (as might have been the case in the file you sent
>me).

Hmm; I actually have done this already before mailing, I have 2 different
servers with 2 different workstations accessing the server. The only
thing the 2 setups have in common is that the client is a W2K and
the server runs FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE with Postgres 7.1.3

Transferred dumps from one server to another a number of times
but that does not remove the problem either.

However I just found out that the crash disappears after deleting
random records until there are 3 or 4 left in the table. Perhaps
there is a size limitation of ODBC which is reached. Will investigate
further when I have more time, any suggestions from your end
are more than welcome.

Thanks

--
Paul Jongsma