Re: [HACKERS] Packages: Again

От Serge Rielau
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Packages: Again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Serge Rielau <serge@rielau.com> wrote:

> Yes my proposal to nest schemata is “radical” and this community
> is not falling into that camp.
> But there is nothing holy about database.schema.object.attribute

It is mandated by the U.S. and international SQL standard documents.
Compliance to the standard does not prohibit extensions to the standard.
That is, in fact, how the standard is progressed.

The SQL/PSM standard introduced another “dot”:
database.schema.module.object

And sometimes the community DOES go its own way rather than implementing the standard. For example by rejecting the MERGE statement in favor of another syntax and semantic.

Cheers
Serge