Re: server crash => libpq poll() hangs forever (Linux)

От björn lundin
Тема Re: server crash => libpq poll() hangs forever (Linux)
Дата
Re: server crash => libpq poll() hangs forever (Linux)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On 9 Juni, 16:37, t...@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote:
> Marinos Yannikos <m...@geizhals.at> writes:
> > It seems that poll() never receives a connection closed notification under Linux
> > (https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/bugme-new/2003-April/008...-
> > very old report,
>
> "very old report" is right.  What makes you think that has anything to
> do with modern kernel versions?

Interesting. The bug report includes a short code snippet which
compiles to a c program,
that shows the bug is still present. I'm on

bnl@tova:~$ uname -a
Linux tova 2.6.31-22-generic #60-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 27 00:22:23 UTC
2010 i686 GNU/Linux

is it really so, that the bug is still valid, or does the code snippet
show something else?

/Björn