Re: partition tree inspection functions

От Jesper Pedersen
Тема Re: partition tree inspection functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Amit,

On 06/28/2018 01:49 AM, Amit Langote wrote:
> OK, I've added an example below the table of functions added by the patch.
>
> Attached updated patch.

You forgot to remove the test output in create_table.out, so check-world
is failing.

In pg_partition_parent

+    else
+    /* Not a partition, return NULL. */
+        PG_RETURN_NULL();

I would just remove the "else" such that PG_RETURN_NULL() is fall-through.

I think pg_partition_tree_tables should have an option to exclude the
table that is being queried from the result (bool include_self).

Maybe a function like pg_partition_number_of_partitions() could be of
benefit to count the number of actual partitions in a tree. Especially
useful in complex scenarios,

  select pg_partition_number_of_partitions('p') as number;

    number
  ---------
   4
  (1 row)