Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/7/2016 12:48 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Agreed.  I've looked at this problem extensively and concur that
> readline is the culprit; I don't think there's any solution on our end
> besides filing a bug with the readline.  I also agree with the
> upthread suggestion that the best workaround today is to \e into a
> non-readline based editor (vim qualifies).  Having said that, at least
> on linux/gnome, very long pastes can cause severe performance issues
> as well.  So for large pastes I go with psql -f.
Hmm, I was doing megabyte-long pastes (longest one over 5 MB) just a few
weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised to discover that they worked just
fine with no noticeable performance problem.  I was pasting skype logs
directly from the Linux skype client window into an xterm running cat,
with obviously no readline involved.

yeah, long pastes generally work fine with ssh sessions, too, using ssh clients like putty or securecrt.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql
От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql