Re: ICU locale validation / canonicalization

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: ICU locale validation / canonicalization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2023-02-20 at 15:23 -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:

> New patch attached. The new patch also includes a GUC that (when
> enabled) validates that the collator is actually found.

New patch attached.

Now it always preserves the exact locale string during pg_upgrade, and
does not attempt to canonicalize it. Before it was trying to be clever
by determining if the language tag was finding the same collator as the
original string -- I didn't find a problem with that, but it just
seemed a bit too clever. So, only newly-created locales and databases
have the ICU locale string canonicalized to a language tag.

Also, I added a SQL function pg_icu_language_tag() that can convert
locale strings to language tags, and check whether they exist or not.

--
Jeff Davis
PostgreSQL Contributor Team - AWS

Вложения