Re: AW: install error

От Scott Laing
Тема Re: AW: install error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Thank you for response. I think what I wound up doing was installing the oldest version then updating via the command line (ubuntu 18.04). I am currently at version 10.10.

Thanks,

Scott

On 2019-09-19 4:41 a.m., Wilm Hoyer wrote:

>Hi

>It looks like you haven't given write permission to PostgreSQL folder.

>Can you provide your setup details?

>Thanks and Regards

>Mahendra Thalor

>On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 16:16, Scott Laing <findme@scottlaing.ca> wrote:

Looks like the same issue reported here: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CANFyU97_%2BmRS8PZotF1%3D-bva8LFj%3DVumW9WXeU8cKe9iAwZgtA%40mail.gmail.com (Postgres 11.5.1 failed installation)

You can find the link to a working *test* installer in that message.

Note: a test installer is only provided for PostgreSQL 11.5 – for other versions you need to use the zip archives from the download page and install the minor update by hand.

Best regards,

Wilm Hoyer.

I got the following error (see attached) when attempting installing all available versions, with the exception of 9.3.25 (Not Supported), which installed.

Scott