Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/09/2016 07:32 PM, Gilles Darold wrote:
> This patch implements the pg_current_logfile() function that can be
> used as follow. The function returns NULL when logging_collector
> is not active and outputs a warning.

I'm really late to this discussion, and I apologize for that; but I'm
wondering why we're doing all this through some random file on disk.

Why not just use the stats collector and have everything we'd want in a
pg_stat_logger view just like we have for pg_stat_archiver and others?
That makes the most sense to me.

We could then also count the number of rotations per time/size and whatnot.
--
Vik Fearing                                          +33 6 46 75 15 36