Re: Latest developments in psycopg3

От Denis Laxalde
Тема Re: Latest developments in psycopg3
Дата
Список psycopg
Hello Daniele,

Daniele Varrazzo a écrit :
> If anyone would like to contribute, in ways other than funding, there
> is also fun code to write (strictly typed, async, Cython if you wish)
> and you are welcome to get in touch: I am sure there are practical
> ways to contribute!

I spent a bit of time looking around this last week.

The first thing I did was to try out psycopg3 on a (small) project I
maintain (pg_activity). Porting from psycopg2 wasn't too hard:

- first, I needed the conn-info developments (in progress at the moment)
along with recent works on the adaptation system so I did a local merge
of master in conn-info branch.

- second, I was missing the DictCursor cursor factory that's not (yet?)
available in psycopg3, so I had to rewrite part of the code.

- after that, tests pass and the application works fine without any
further changes (the DictCursor ones are non-negligible though).

So, based on that:

- It seems to me that the conn-info developments work fine (also looked
at the commits, which look fine as well to me): what needs to be done
here? Any help needed?

- There appears to be no card about dictcursor on the project board.
What's the plan (and priority) for that (if any)?

Then, following your idea to implement a django backend, I was wondering
if doing the same for sqlalchemy would be a good thing to work on now?

I'm also curious about the "strictly typed" thing you wrote above. What
do you have in mind more specifically?

Denis

В списке psycopg по дате отправления: