Re: why select count(*) consumes wal logs

От Ron
Тема Re: why select count(*) consumes wal logs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/06/2018 11:12 AM, Michael Nolan wrote:
On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 11:08 AM Ravi Krishna <srkrishna1@aol.com> wrote:
PG 10.5

I loaded 133 million rows to a wide table (more than 100 cols) via COPY.

It's always a good idea after doing a large scale data load to do a vacuum analyze on the table (or the entire database.)

I understand the need to ANALYZE (populate the histograms needed by the dynamic optimizer), but why VACUUM (which is recommended after updates and deletes).

Thanks

Сообщение: Re: why select count(*) consumes wal logs
Сообщение: RE: why select count(*) consumes wal logs