JDBC connection problem

От Brian Tomaszewski
Тема JDBC connection problem
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello List

I am having trouble connecting to a psql database running on  Debian GNU/Linux system

The version of psql I am using in the system is 8.2.6.

No matter what I do, I continually am getting the error:

Backend start-up failed: FATAL:  database "RW_GEO" does not exist

when my JDBC component tries to connect using a URL like this:

jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/RW_GEO

from a tomcat app

I have confirmed that the database RW_GEO does in fact exist as I can see/query tables from it from psql.

Also, when I run my app on my development machine (windows), I can connect via tomcat with no problems to my local psql server.

Does any one have any ideas on what is causing the connection to not see the database that  does in fact exist?

I am thinking that perhaps it is a permission error with tomcat, but am not sure...

Any advice, or things to investigate would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Brian