Re: Suppress logging of "pg_hba.conf rejects connection for host"

От Ron
Тема Re: Suppress logging of "pg_hba.conf rejects connection for host"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/16/23 10:02, ertan.kucukoglu@1nar.com.tr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One of the systems running PostgreSQL 14.7 receive a lot of lines like in
> the subject. I have below pg_hba.conf line and that line causes these to be
> logged.
>
> host all all 0.0.0.0/0 reject
>
> If possible, I do not want to see these lines in my logs. But, I failed to
> find a parameter for it.
>
> Is it possible to turn this specific message logging off?

1. Why do you need that line, instead of just allowing in the addresses you
want?
2. Why are you getting so many "illegal" connection attempts?
3. Auditors like to see that you're rejecting "illegal" connection attempts.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.