Re: Problem with trigger function in C

От Joe Halpin
Тема Re: Problem with trigger function in C
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Sorry I forgot to add that part. Here's how I did that:

sn=# create function xqueryTrigger() returns trigger as
'/usr/local/lib/postgresql/xqueryTrigger.so' language c;
CREATE FUNCTION
sn=# create trigger tbefore before insert or update on at_xparam
for each row execute procedure xquerytrigger();
CREATE TRIGGER

Is the function name case sensitive? I had originally named it
xqueryTrigger, but after some error messages which referenced
"xquerytrigger" I renamed it to be all lower case.

Thanks

Joe

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Joe Halpin" <jhalpin100@gmail.com> writes:
>> I'm new at this and I apologize if I got the wrong list, but I'm
>> trying to write a trigger function in C which is linked in with
>> libxqilla and is supposed to run an xquery against some xml we have
>> stored in a column. I find that when the function is entered fcinfo is
>> null, which causes a segfault.
>
> AFAIK the only way fcinfo would be null is if PG didn't think that the
> function was V1 call convention.  I see that you do have the
> PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1 macro in there, which eliminates the most obvious
> explanation.  Are you sure that the SQL-level CREATE FUNCTION command
> references this function name and not some other one?

Сообщение: Re: Problem with trigger function in C
Сообщение: Re: Problem with trigger function in C