Re:Re: PANIC :Call AbortTransaction when transaction id is nonormal

От Thunder
Тема Re:Re: PANIC :Call AbortTransaction when transaction id is nonormal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On our server when process crash and core dump file generated we will receive complaining phone call.
That's why i try to fix it.

At 2019-05-14 07:53:36, "Michael Paquier" <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote: >On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 09:37:32AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote: >> But ... that code's been like that for decades and nobody's complained >> before. Why are we worried about bootstrap's response to signals at all? > >Yeah, I don't think that it is something worth bothering either. As >you mentioned the data folder would be removed by default. Or perhaps >the reporter has another case in mind which could justify a change in >the signal handlers? I am ready to hear that case, but there is >nothing about the reason why it could be a benefit. > >The patch proposed upthread is not something I find correct anyway, >I'd rather have the abort path complain loudly about a bootstrap >transaction that fails instead of just ignoring it, because it is the >kind of transaction which must never fail. And it seems to me that it >can be handy for development purposes. >-- >Michael