Re: repeat() function, CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS(), and unlikely()

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: repeat() function, CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS(), and unlikely()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/28/20 1:23 PM, Joe Conway wrote:
>>> I think that each of those tests should have a separate unlikely() marker,
>>> since the whole point here is that we don't expect either of those tests
>>> to yield true in the huge majority of CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS executions.
>>
>> +1.  I am not sure that the addition of unlikely() should be
>> backpatched though, that's not something usually done.
>
> I backpatched and pushed the changes to the repeat() function. Any other
> opinions regarding backpatch of the unlikely() addition to CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS()?

So far I have

 Tom +1
 Michael -1
 me +0

on backpatching the addition of unlikely() to CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS().

Assuming no one else chimes in I will push the attached to all supported
branches sometime before Tom creates the REL_13_STABLE branch on Sunday.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Вложения