Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/04/2016 06:26 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:

Ccing list
> On Sat, 3 Sep 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> Well the pg_dumpall *.sql file has the global
>> information(users/passwords), so it is a chicken and egg problem.
>>
>> FYI, you can do:
>>
>> pg_dumpall -g
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/app-pg-dumpall.html
>>
>> to get only those globals and then use that to prime the new instance
>> with that information.
>
> Adrian,
>
>   The postmaster is not running and when I try to connect to a database I'm
> asked for my password which is rejected.

The above is not possible. If the postmaster was not running there would
be no rejection error.

>   I'm thinking what I should do is remove the postgresql-9.5.4 package
> (which deletes everything) and re-install it. Since 9.3.4 is not running I
> assume that after running initdb I can read the saved pg_dumpall .sql file
> and be running 9.5.4 without password requests and rejections.

Don't do that, you will end up right back at this point again. Find the
pg_hba.conf files for your 9.5 cluster and your 9.3 cluster and post
them here.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall