Re: ERROR: translation failed from server encoding to wchar_t

От ilanco@gmail.com
Тема Re: ERROR: translation failed from server encoding to wchar_t
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
http://pastebin.ca/845670

This url provides a testcase ...

fisrt pass :
=> UPDATE dbmail_messageblks SET idxFTI=to_tsvector('simple',
encode(messageblk, 'escape')) where messageblk_idnr = 12949;
ERROR:  translation failed from server encoding to wchar_t

second pass :
=> UPDATE dbmail_messageblks SET idxFTI=to_tsvector('simple',
encode(messageblk, 'escape')) where messageblk_idnr = 12949;
UPDATE 1

The to_tsvector seems to accept the row at random ...