Re: Correction for 9.6 documentation for OpenBSD

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Correction for 9.6 documentation for OpenBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 29.06.18 22:57, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> That being said, since the ports tree is the “recommended” method for
> installing software perhaps the documentation should mention it?  Perhaps
> something along the lines of the below (a similar stanza could be added for
> FreeBSD but I don’t it well enough to make an attempt).

That part of the documentation describes how to set up a PostgreSQL
instance from the sources.  So that is what a packager might read.  If
you want to know how a package sets things up, you need to read the
package's documentation.

We could document the setup of popular packages in the main
documentation, but we currently don't, and we would have to do it more
consistently across platforms.