Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2024-04-10 at 12:13 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Wouldn't the best way forward be to revert
> 5bec1d6bc5e3 and revisit the whole in v18?

That's a reasonable conclusion. Also consider commits b840508644 and
bcb14f4abc.

I had tried to come up with a narrower fix, and I think it's already
been implemented here in approach 2:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAD21AoAtf12e9Z9NLBuaO1GjHMMo16_8R-yBu9Q9jrk2QLqMEA%40mail.gmail.com

but it does feel wrong to introduce an unnecessary hash table in 17
when we know it's not the right solution.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis