Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes

От Alena Rybakina
Тема Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20.11.2023 11:52, Andrei Lepikhov wrote:
> Looking into the patch, I found some trivial improvements (see
> attachment).
> Also, it is not obvious that using a string representation of the
> clause as a hash table key is needed here. Also, by making a copy of
> the node in the get_key_nconst_node(), you replace the location field,
> but in the case of complex expression, you don't do the same with
> other nodes.
> I propose to generate expression hash instead + prove the equality of
> two expressions by calling equal().

I was thinking about your last email and a possible error where the
location field may not be cleared in complex expressions. Unfortunately,
I didn't come up with any examples either, but I think I was able to
handle this with a special function that removes location-related
patterns. The alternative to this is to bypass this expression, but I
think it will be more invasive. In addition, I have added changes
related to the hash table: now the key is of type int.

All changes are displayed in the attached
v9-0001-Replace-OR-clause-to_ANY.diff.txt file.

I haven't measured it yet. But what do you think about these changes?

--
Regards,
Alena Rybakina

Вложения

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Show WAL write and fsync stats in pg_stat_io
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Faster "SET search_path"