Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?

От Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
Тема Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Em 26/12/2017 20:42, Martin Marques escreveu:
> El 26/12/17 a las 14:46, Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter escribió:
>> Usually, or by "pg_basebackup" or by "rsync" as described in PostgreSQL
>> Wiki.
>> Right now, I'm doing via pg_basebackup.
>> Nothing extraordinary.
>>
>> When using rsync:
>>
>> rsync -e "ssh -2 -C -p slave_ssh_port" --progress --partial -az
>> /pgsql/9.6/master_data_folder/*
>> superuser_name@$slave_host:/home/pgsql/9.6/slave_data_folder/ --exclude
>> postmaster.pid --exclude postgresql.conf --exclude pg_log
> You don't say so anywhere, but I suspect you run the rsync between a
> pg_start_backup() and pg_stop_backup(), right?
>
> That is the way it's described in the wiki.
>
> Regards,

Yes, sure. When using wiki, I'm following all instructions. Process
revisited many times do check if something changed (since 9.0 days :-) )

Right now, I do prefer to use pg_basebackup instead - but sometimes
(when database is just too large), rsync seems more reliable (maybe it
is the cause of the problem).

Anyway, instead digging into rsync functionality (or bugs - I doubt, but
who knows?), I do prefer to have a script I can run to check if there is
obvious failures in standby servers.

Looking for empty files would be a start point.
I'm learning from experienced people from the list that are other points
I would like to check as well.

Regards,

Edson.

От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: postgres_fdw: perform UPDATE/DELETE .. RETURNING on a join directly
От: Murtuza Zabuawala
Сообщение: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Clear the content of message tab properly