Re: [GENERAL] btree gist indices, null and open-ended tsranges

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] btree gist indices, null and open-ended tsranges
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/11/2016 11:34 PM, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 01/12/2016 12:12, Francisco Olarte wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Chris Withers
>> <chris@simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>>> So, first observation: if I make room nullable, the exclude
>>> constraint does
>>> not apply for rows that have a room of null. I guess that's to be
>>> expected,
>>> right?
>>
>> I would expect it, given:
>>
>> n=> select null=null, null<>null, not (null=null);
>>  ?column? | ?column? | ?column?
>> ----------+----------+----------
>>           |          |
>> (1 row)
>>
>> Those are nulls,
>
> Yes, it's a shame psql has the same repr for null and empty-string ;-)

test=# select NULL;

 ?column?

----------

(1 row)

test=# \pset null 'NULL'
Null display is "NULL".

test=# select NULL;

 ?column?

 NULL

(1 row)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Chris Withers
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] schema advice for event stream with tagging andfiltering
От: Joanna Xu
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] ora2pg - Java Message Service (JMS) Type