Re: dropdb ; createdb equivalent without createdb permission?

От Tim Olsen
Тема Re: dropdb ; createdb equivalent without createdb permission?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 7/9/07, Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> wrote:
> This is for software that we intend to distribute as open-source.  I'd like
> to keep the createdb (to any db) and sudo requirements for running tests to
> a minimum.

I think you're going to need to think about this more.  If people can
look at and modify the code, it's not at all clear to me how you're
going to limit their ability to createdb and such like.

I am not trying to limit an admin's ability.  I just like to allow them to limit other developers ability.

> After further investigation, it looks like schemas might give me what I'm
> looking for.

Certainly inside a single database, schemas give you better control
than trying to limit createdb to particular effects.  But if they have
your code, then they can still do this.  Are you just trying to make
this newbie-friendly, or is this more a control attempt?  If the
latter, I fear you are going down the wrong road.

It's to be more user-friendly.  It would be nice if my software didn't require creating users with createdb privileges.

-Tim