Re: Lower or Upper case for F.33. pg_trgm

От Erik Rijkers
Тема Re: Lower or Upper case for F.33. pg_trgm
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Op 16-08-2022 om 13:46 schreef Daniel Gustafsson:

>>> Maybe we should add something about this?
>>
>> Yeah, it's a bit strange that none of the following strings yield any info on that page:  'case', 'sensitiv',
'upper','lower', and that there is no mention of the  ~  versus  ~*  difference.

>> Maybe worth to (already in pgtrgm.html) give the simple hint:
>>   ~  is case-sensitive
>>   ~* is case-insensitive
>>
>> In any case a link to  functions-matching.html  seems indicated.
>
> Yeah, I think there is room for improvements here.  Are you up for drafting a
> patch for this?

How is this?

(bluntly stating 'similarity comparisons are case-insensitive' -
although I'm not really sure..)

Erik

> --
> Daniel Gustafsson        https://vmware.com/

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Lower or Upper case for F.33. pg_trgm
Сообщение: Re: Lower or Upper case for F.33. pg_trgm