Re: confused about material view locks please explain

От Krishnakant Mane
Тема Re: confused about material view locks please explain
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/5/24 21:10, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> If I understand https://github.com/sraoss/pg_ivm correctly, the
> materialized view will be updated within the same transaction. So it's
> just the same as any other change in the database:
>
> Neither client will wait for the other. The first client will see either
> the old or the new state depending on whether the second client manages
> to commit soon enough.

Thank you Peter.

So does that mean both the processes work concurrently?

  I had understood that while an update is happening to an IVM (material
view ) the view is locked till the update is complete.

If so then how would both the clients have simultaneous access?

Regards.

Сообщение: Re: Can a long running procedure detect when smart shutdown is pending?
Сообщение: Re: Can a long running procedure detect when smart shutdown is pending?