Re: How to get pgsql to echo commands in a command file

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: How to get pgsql to echo commands in a command file
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 04/22/2016 03:50 PM, Michael Moore wrote:
> I log into pgsql and then type:
> \i test.sql
>
> test.sql contains a single SELECT command and when I run that file I see
> the result of the select command.. The problem is, I also want to see
> the SELECT command itself.
>
> I've tried
> /echo
> /qecho
> and a lot of other commands, but nothing works.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/interactive/app-psql.html
"
ECHO
    If set to all, all nonempty input lines are printed to standard
output as they are read. (This does not apply to lines read
interactively.) To select this behavior on program start-up, use the
switch -a. If set to queries, psql prints each query to standard output
as it is sent to the server. The switch for this is -e. If set to
errors, then only failed queries are displayed on standard error output.
The switch for this is -b. If unset, or if set to none (or any other
value than those above) then no queries are displayed.
"

aklaver@panda:~> cat psql_test.sql
select * from a ;

aklaver@panda:~> psql -a -d test -U  postgres -h localhost
psql (9.4.6)
SSL connection (protocol: TLSv1.2, cipher: ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384,
bits: 256, compression: off)
Type "help" for help.

test=# \i psql_test.sql
select * from a ; id | v1 | v2 | v3
(2 rows)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: How to get pgsql to echo commands in a command file
Сообщение: Re: How to get pgsql to echo commands in a command file