Re: pause recovery if pitr target not reached

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pause recovery if pitr target not reached
Дата
Re: pause recovery if pitr target not reached
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-09-17 13:23, Leif Gunnar Erlandsen wrote:
> This patch allows PostgreSQL to pause recovery before PITR target is reached
> if recovery_target_time is specified.
>
> Missing WAL's could then be restored from backup and applied on next restart.
>
> Today PostgreSQL opens the database in read/write on a new timeline even when
> PITR tareg is not reached.

I think this idea is worth thinking about.  I don't think this should be
specific to a time-based recovery target.  This could apply for example
to a target xid as well.  Also, there should be a way to get the old
behavior.  Perhaps this whole thing should be a new
recovery_target_action, say, 'pause_unless_reached'.