Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering

От Jean-Max Reymond
Тема Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:03:31 +0100, Hervé Piedvache <herve@elma.fr> wrote:

> We were at this moment thinking about a Cluster solution ... We saw on the
> Internet many solution talking about Cluster solution using MySQL ... but
> nothing about PostgreSQL ... the idea is to use several servers to make a
> sort of big virtual server using the disk space of each server as one, and
> having the ability to use the CPU and RAM of each servers in order to
> maintain good service performance ...one can imagin it is like a GFS but
> dedicated to postgreSQL...

forget mysql cluster for now.
We have a small database which size is 500 Mb.
It is not possible to load these base in a computer with 2 Mb of RAM
and loading the base in RAM is required.
So, we shrink the database and it is ok with 350 Mb to fit in the 2 Gb RAM.
First tests of performance on a basic request: 500x slower, yes 500x.
This issue is reported to mysql team  but no answer (and correction)

Actually, the solution is running with a replication database: 1 node
for write request and all the other nodes for read requests and the
load balancer is made with round robin solution.

--
Jean-Max Reymond
CKR Solutions