Re: [Maybe Spam] Some troubles with Access and bool

От Jean-Max Reymond
Тема Re: [Maybe Spam] Some troubles with Access and bool
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 04:04:27 +0200, Jean-Max Reymond
<jmreymond@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:17:13 -0400, Greg Campbell
> <greg.campbell@us.michelin.com> wrote:
> > DSN ODBC Driver options
> > Page 2 - check row versioning
>
> now, it is checked but same issue.
> I have set the driver trace  on but not helpful for me :-(

Yeah, my problem is solved :-)
With the help of the odbc file log, I have got the request sent to the
Postgres database.
So, the request is:
DELETE from jmbool where  icompt=23 and mybool='0';
but unfortunatly, value of mybool was null and not false because never
initalized.

Access read a value null for a bool type and interprets as false.
the DELETE was denied because not succesfull and Acess says that
another user has changed the record !!!!
Now, the field myboll has a default value as false, all the database
is upgraded  and all works fine :-)

--
Jean-Max Reymond
CKR Solutions